Sunday, November 18, 2007

Week 9 : Exercise 2 : Thing 1 - Is it cheating if I have an iPod?

So, yes, I do have an iPod, and I do listen to podcasts.

I started listening to podcasts in 2005. In those days we had to download the mp3, then manually add it to iTunes to play it* - you kids don't know how easy you've got it.

The thing I've found podcasts most useful for in my life, is finding music that I wouldn't normally get to hear, or news items that I often miss... and a bit of comedy. (a couple of these are video podcasts, viewable in iTunes.)

Morning Becomes Eclectic - from KCRW FM : RSS
The Arts on Sunday - from Radio New Zealand : RSS
Flight of the Conchords - from Wellington : RSS
The Ricky Gervais Podcast - from ...well ... Ricky Gervais : RSS

So there we go. I don't know what Bloglines is like for picking up podcasts, but Google Reader can play the audio straight from the feed, so there's no need to download the mp3 if you don't want to.

*Actually, I'm not sure if that's true, but like all good Grandparents, I'm sticking to my stories of the old days.

No comments: